It is beyond races and religion. As Israel troops edged closer to the heart of Gaza City (a city of 500,000 population) yesterday, on the 19th day of an offensive that defies international condemnation, has so far killed at least 1,000 and wounded 4,000 Palestinians, damm Zionist do their best and the world just watching the violence movie so helplessly. It is a test of our humanity really...make us wonder why the bloody zionist so bad and arrogant?
My colleague Shahrir send me an email this morning and I feel like sharing the facts with you all...
The truth is the situations in the Muslim world is at a very sorry stage. As it was 500 years ago since we relaxed our quest for knowledge. Because of that influence and power shifted to the Christian world - and have remained there ever since.
The figures are speaking themselves very loudly but we refuse to listen. Some thoughts (extracts of speech by Hafez A.B. Mohamed, Director-General, Al Baraka Bank) to ponder..
World Jewish population: 14 million
- 7m in America
- 5m in Asia
- 2m in Europe
- 100 thousands in Africa
World Muslim population: 1.5 billion
- 1 billion in Asia/Mid-East
- 400m in Africa
- 44m in Europe
- 6m in the Americas
- Every fifth human being is a Muslim.
- For every single Hindu there are two Muslims
- For every Buddhist there are two Muslims
- For every Jew there are 107 Muslims
Yet the 14 million Jews are more powerful than the entire 1.5 billion Muslims...Why..?
Here are some of the reasons.
Movers of Recent History
- Albert Einstein - Jewish
- Sigmund Freud - Jewish
- Karl Marx - Jewish
- Paul Samuelson - Jewish
- Milton Friedman - Jewish
- Vaccination needle: Benjamin Ruben - Jewish
- Polio vaccine: Jonas Salk - Jewish
- Leukaemia drug: Gertrude Elion - Jewish
- Hepatitis B: Baruch Blumberg - Jewish
- Syphilis drug: Paul Ehrlich - Jewish
- Neuro muscular: Elie Metchnikoff - Jewish
- Endocrinology: Andrew Schally - Jewish
- Cognitive therapy: Aaron Beck- Jewish
- Contraceptive pill: Gregory Pincus - Jewish
- Understanding of human eye: G. Wald - Jewish
- Embryology: Stanley Cohen - Jewish
- Kidney dialysis: Willem Kloffcame - Jewish
Nobel Prize Winners
- In the past 105 years, the 14 million Jews have won 180 Nobel prizes
- whilst the 1.5 billion Muslims have achieved only 3 Nobel winners.
Inventions that changed History
- Micro-processing chip: Stanley Mezor - Jewish
- Nuclear chain reactor: Leo Sziland - Jewish
- Optical fibre cable: Peter Schultz - Jewish
- Traffic lights: Charles Adler - Jewish
- Stainless steel: Benno Strauss - Jewish
- Sound movies: Isador Kisee - Jewish
- Telephone microphone: Emile Berliner - Jewish
- Video tape recorder: Charles Ginsburg - Jewish
Influential Global Businesses
- Polo: Ralph Lauren - Jewish
- Coca-Cola: - Jewish
- Levi's: Levi Strauss - Jewish
- Starbuck's: Howard Schultz - Jewish
- Google: Sergey Brin - Jewish
- Dell Computers: Michael Dell - Jewish
- Oracle Computers: Larry Ellison: - Jewish
- DKNY: Donna Karan - Jewish
- Baskin Robbins: Irv Robbins - Jewish
- Dunkin' Donuts: Bill Rosenberg - Jewish
Influential Policy-makers/ Politicians
- Henry Kissinger, US Sec. of State - Jewish
- Richard Levin, President Yale University - Jewish
- Alan Greenspan, US Federal Reserve - Jewish
- Joseph Lieberman, US Senator - Jewish
- Madeleine Albright, US Sec. of State - Jewish
- CasperWeinberger, US Sec. of Defence - Jewish
- Maxim Litvinov, USSR Foreign Minister - Jewish
- David Marshal, Singapore Chief Minister - Jewish
- Isaac Isaacs, Gov-Gen. Australia - Jewish
- Benjamin Disraeli, British Statesman - Jewish
- Yevgeny Primakov, Russian PM - Jewish
- Barry Goldwater, US Politician - Jewish
- Jorge Sampaio, President of Portugal - Jewish
- Herb Gray, Canadian Deputy PM - Jewish
- Pierre Mendes, French PM - Jewish
- Michael Howard, British Home Sec. - Jewish
- Bruno Kriesky, Austrian Chancellor - Jewish
- Robert Rubin, US Sec. of Treasury - Jewish
Global Media Figures
- Wolf Blitzer, CNN - Jewish
- Barbara Walters, ABC News - Jewish
- Eugene Meyer, Washington Post - Jewish
- Henry Grunwald, Time Magazine - Jewish
- Katherine Graham, Washington Post - Jewish
- Joseph Lelyeld, New York Times - Jewish
- Max Frankel, New York Times - Jewish
- George Soros - Jewish
- Walter Annenberg - Jewish
Why are they powerful and why are Muslims powerless?
Here's another reason... We have lost the capacity to produce knowledge.
- In the entire Muslim world (57 Muslim countries) there are only 500 universities
- In USA alone, 5,758 universities
- In India alone, 8,407 universities
- Not one university in the entire Islamic World features in the Top 500 Ranking Universities of the World
- Literacy in the Christian world - 90%
- Literacy in the Muslim world - 40%
- 15 Christian-majority countries' literacy rate - 100%
- Muslim-majority countries with 100% literacy rate - None
- 98% in Christian countries completed primary education
- Only 50% in Muslim countries completed primary education
- 40% in Christian countries attended university
- In Muslim countries, a dismal 2% attended university
- Muslim-majority countries have 230 scientists per million
- The USA has 5000 per million
- The Christian world - 1000 technicians per million
- Entire Arab world - only 50 technicians per million
- Muslim world spending on R&D - 0.2% of GDP
- Christian world's R&D - 5.0% of GDP
The Muslim world lacks the capacity to produce knowledge.
Another way of testing the degree of knowledge is the degree of diffusing knowledge.
- Pakistan: 23 daily newspapers per 1000 citizens
- Singapore: 460 per 1000 citizens
- UK book titles per million is 2000
- Egypt book titles per million is only 17
Muslim World is failing to diffuse knowledge.
Applying knowledge is another such test.
- Exports of high-tech products from Pakistan : 0.9%
- In Saudi Arabia : only 0.2%
- Kuwait, Morocco and Algeria : only 0.3%
- Tiny Singapore (4mil pop.) : 68% ...!
- Muslim world is failing to apply knowledge.
- What do you conclude? No need to tell...
- The figures are speaking themselves very loudly but we are unable to use the ears Allah gave us to listen and eyes to let us see...
- Please educate yourself and your children. Excuses like lack of money, ability or opening are nothing more than that - excuses.
- Always promote education, don't compromise on it. We hate to be weak, illiterate and poor but are we too weak to give our children the opportunity to break the curse?
- Don't ignore your children's slightest misguidance from education...
- and please, for Allah's sake, don't use your personal contacts to promote your children in their education. If they fail, let them because it will make them learn the sweetness of success.
- Remember... if they can't do it now, they can't ever.
- With knowledge comes power, and with it even the small can rule over the big. We are world's biggest but sadly NOT strongest nation.
- All we need is to identify and explore our inner selves.
- Insha-Allah, our weapon to victory, our duty to spread God's words and our opportunity save all humankind is best through knowledge, creativity, literacy... And nothing else.
.... Wake up O Khalifahs of the Land ...
.... Wake up ...IQRA''
my credit to - http://2usabahan.blogspot.com